What we do
We help our clients connect with their audience by telling their story through entertaining and educational content that engages, motivates or monetises the people who consume it.
Festivals, concerts, gigs, performances, shows, ceremonies, lectures, discussions, debates, exhibitions and launches all need to reach an audience. While there’s a limited number of people who can attend in person, there’s a potentially unlimited online audience. Inner Ear produces programmes that we distribute digitally to bring your audience closer and stimulate remote participation in your creative project.
How we do it
Our specialisms are live programme making (which is essentially creating live television for the web, live streamed from the location of your event or activity to audiences around the world), documentary and feature production (one-off videos and audio programmes, serialised shows and podcasts) and interactive digital experiences (live audience participation events, audio walking tours, treasure hunts and game shows). We work with you to determine what kind of content will best encapsulate your project, create it, publish it online and help you position it to engage your audience.
In our work for you we:
- Go above and beyond providing guidance on making the most of the products we make — helping extract maximum value (audit audience assets, create targeted promotional material, curate the digital event experience, position the content as must-have for the audience, utilise the content assets after the production).
- Help get you over the top with wrap-around services like content management, monetisation, website and social media integration.
- Are flexible and adaptable — working in unusual places, often very challenging environments.
And our customers can count on us for adept:
- Problem solving — helping overcome technical challenges to make a better experience for audiences and those involved in the project delivery alike.
- Technical delivery — consummate, experienced, dedicated and robust. We work hard to make it easy.
- Creative work — making engaging, high quality programmes.
Where we’ve come from
Inner Ear was established in October 2000 by Dougal Perman and Tom Lousada. The company’s first project was the underground electronic music internet radio station Radio Magnetic, which began broadcast online on 19 March 2001. Born in the wake of the dot com crash, Dougal and Tom learned to be resourceful, adaptable and flexible. They built a strong brand with a great reputation and reached hundreds of thousands of listeners.
In the course of its work, Inner Ear developed deep knowledge about streaming media and digital distribution, especially live streaming and podcasting, and creative flare for media production. The company was approached to deliver bespoke training and consultancy projects for enterprise agencies, community projects and corporations, run background music services and create content for brands, businesses and broadcasters. As a production company, Inner Ear has always had an affinity with cultural projects, especially music, arts and heritage.
Collaborative project Walking Heads put its best foot forward in 2009 to create streetwise audio tours, producing several of its own experiences and many commissions for culture and heritage organisations. In 2015 Inner Ear launched TRADtv to serve the large, disperate, global audience for traditional folk music.
The company continues to complement its content creation and technical production management work with consultancy, which includes training, advice, research and support for digital media production projects.
Get in touch with Inner Ear to discuss how we can help you connect your creative project with its online audience.